Friday, February 3, 2012

Missing Her




 Today marks 4 months that my Grandma passed away & I miss her soo incredibly much!! I miss calling her or getting a phone call from her where she would tell me "I was just thinking about you"!
There are various things that made her unique, special!
She was a great painter and although I don't consider myself an artist today she did give me lessons at one time:0)
The picture to the right is one of the last things that she finished while visiting me in West Blocton, Alabama.



She was also a fabulous cook and entertainer! I have so many fond memories of her whipping up some deliciousness! If I was at her house for an overnight visit I would most likely get my favorite breakfast in the morning.....pancakes or waffles with strawberries & whip topping!

She made it perfect every time! To the right is JUST one of our favorite recipes that we are trying to carry on! That recipe also shows her beautiful handwriting:0)



Something else that I always loved was her piano playing! She couldn't play by note but she could play some BEAUTIFUL chords! Different times when I would go to visit her I would ask her to play a little
 something so that I could hear that beautiful music once again!

She will forever hold a special place in my heart and will always be missed but I am thankful she is no longer suffering & if we really knew what Heaven was like we wouldn't wish her back here as much as I would love to do that!










2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to your Grandmother. You have a lot of her qualities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her and miss her too, well written Natasha. I love you

    ReplyDelete